As the weather starts to turn chilly – and even before that with pre-season – we tend to start gathering together on Sunday afternoons to watch football. We love to hang out, wear our jerseys, and cheer for our favorite teams and if you can tailgate in the stadium parking lot it’s stellar. We love the togetherness as colder weather drives many of us indoors.
The only problem for someone on Keto is the food – it’s not usually keto-lifestyle friendly. It’s usually loaded with bad carbs and lots of sugars! Wouldn’t it be great to have lots of Keto football party food available to enjoy so we don’t feel left out?
I’ve gathered all the pins for the recipes included in this post in a board below – scroll down to see them all!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means I may make a small commission at no cost to you. For my full disclosure go here.
Keto Football Party Food for our Sundays with Friends
You know the scene:
Chips. Tortilla chips. Potato chips. All those chips. All those bad BAD chips!
And you graze on it ALL DAY.
Great News!! For every one of those bad (for us!) items on the table, we can make something equally as tasty and grazeable and completely on our plan!
As a matter of fact, most of the food on the party table can be reworked into Keto football party food by a few alternations – cooking methods or maybe an ingredient substitution:
- Beer or wine? Go for low carb.
- Chips? Make low carb tortilla chips from low carb tortillas or use pepperoni chips, low carb crackers made from cheese or almond flour, vegetables, or pork rinds.
- Tip: use tortilla chips made from low carb tortillas for awesome Keto Nachos – they’re practically keto already!
- Wings are close to keto – just prepare your favorite using approved seasonings and sauces.
- Most dips are easy to convert.
I’m from the Eastern Shore (Delmarva) so seafood has always been a big part of our lives. You can’t get much better than a yummy seafood dip on your Keto football party food table!
And a few more:
I love anything cast iron – I have some beautiful pans from the 1930’s that I use all the time – passed down to me from The Commodore’s grandmother. They are hard to come by (the vintage ones) without a lot of effort so I recommend this one.
Love guacamole? Here are several recipes for it!
Deviled Eggs ALWAYS have a spot on the table! Check out the space-saving plate below the egg links.
More yummy eggs!:
Meaty Apps – Lots of Meatballs!
Meatballs are always a hit and will be perfect to serve to your pals. They are a great Keto football party food – serve with toothpicks and you’re good to go!
And a few more meatball recipes:
Here’s a tip – use these ballers to make uniformly sized meatballs! It’s a two-pack!
Lots of veggies
Veggies can be the star of the table or part of the sideshow – either way, don’t forget them!
Do you see a theme here? I’m all about the finger foods and wings have a special place in this chicken-lovers heart! And when you add Old Bay you’ve taken me back home.
In all my life I’ve never seen one of these things for baking or grilling wings! Genius! Keeps your wings out the grease if you don’t want them to swim in it – and no turning!
If you want to add something a little more meal-like, we’ve got you covered!
My favorite part! It’s time for the big finish!
7 Awesome Keto Fat Bombs That Deliver Powerful Results on Simple and Sane (Some are savory! Who made the rule that desserts are always sweet anyway?)
What are your favorites? Let me know below!
Need Keto Help?
- How to Get Started with the Keto Diet For Beginners
- The Ultimate Keto Grocery List to Lose Weight on the Ketogenic Diet
- Keto Beginners Tips – 48+ Tough Love Tips and Tricks
- Part 1 – How to Plan for Success on Your Keto Diet on a Budget
- Part 2 – How to Save More Money When You Start Your Keto Diet
- Part 3 –How to Do Cheap Keto Meals for Keto on a Budget
- Part 4 –How to Shop and Save Money For Keto on a Budget
- Part 5 –How to Meal Prep to Save Time For Keto on a Budget
- More Cheap Keto Meals to Help You Save Money and Lose Weight!